Around 2 million drivers in car accident experience permanent injuries every year. (Driver Knowledge, 2019)
Most accidents are minor, such as sideswipes and rear-end hits. But some, such as head-on collisions can kill you instantaneously. Most people want to avoid such accidents, and there are several steps you can take to avoid getting into them.
Every time we get behind the wheel of a vehicle, each of us has a responsibility to protect ourselves, our passengers, and other car drivers driving around you, by doing all we can to prevent a car accident from happening.
- 1. Check if your car is in tip-top condition
- 2. Tires are inflated enough.
- 3. Lights turn on-off.
- 4. Check the seat belt.
- 5. Engine working alright.
- 6. brake system
- 7. airbag
- 8. mirrors are in their right position
- Limit your distractions. We have so many distractions today in our lives, for example. Using your cell phone, checking messages on the social app, texting.
listening to music, thinking about our problems when we are driving and not having 100% of your attention to the road.
- The cell phone, a text message, Your loved ones, and friends can wait, if it is not something very much Important.
Only listen to music when you are sure it will not distract you from driving. -You & they should understand that you are driving and that your safety and the safety of others is far more important.
To be watchful
Be completely aware of your surroundings and on every side of your car. Check constantly your rear-view mirror and try to judge the cars speed in front & behind you.
Go careful when you are driving side-by-side with another car for an extended period, make certain that you are not about to pull out in front of someone. Also, try to avoid the blind spots of other drivers. If you can, limit the length of time that you have to be in their blind spot.
- Avoid the fast lane.
- Most highway accidents occur in the far left lane. Too many drivers speed too fast in that lane. If you are in the center or far right lanes, you are more able to maneuver away from a potentially dangerous situation than if you are in the fast lane.
- Learn to maneuver like a professional racecar driver!
- Car experts often advise drivers to improve their driving skills by attending a high-performance driving school to learn right and good car driving. , “You’ll learn what it feels like to drive a car ‘at the limits’ and have an opportunity to practice accident avoidance maneuvers and skid recovery in a safe, controlled environment. Understanding how to make your car do what you want it to do in emergency situations could save your life.”